'Two and a Half Men' crew to be paid, Charlie Sheen talks John Stamos replacement rumors - See video
Warner Bros. Television reportedly agreed on Monday to pay the crew of "Two and a Half Men" for half of the eight episodes of TV's top-rated comedy that were canceled by producers who were upset about the off-screen antics of star Charlie Sheen, according to the Associated Press.
"Clearly my efforts are paying off," Sheen said in a phone interview with the wire service in reference to his latest round of media interviews. "I won't sleep until I get all eight."
Sheen claims he's not concerned with his own paychecks at the moment, despite his statements during an NBC interview where he claims that CBS should give him a 50 percent pay raise to $3 million per episode to appear in another season of "Two and a Half Men."
The actor reportedly makes $1.8 million per episode in his current contract. "I don't care about me right now," Sheen said. When asked about if co-star Jon Cryer and Angus T. Jones will get reimbursements, Sheen told The Associated Press, "They're next."
According to the wire service, Warner Bros. spokesman Paul McGuire confirmed the crew payments but denied that Sheen's war of words against the studio and series producers prompted the move. "False," McGuire said of Sheen's claim of credit.
Production on "Two and a Half Men" had been suspended in January after Sheen began treatment for drug and alcohol addiction amid reports of wild partying with adult film stars and Sheen was set to be back filming in March. However, Sheen's ramblings to the press went too and cancelled the remaining episodes for the season.
"Based on the totality of Charlie Sheen's statements, conduct and condition, CBS and Warner Bros. Television have decided to discontinue production of 'Two and a Half Men' for the remainder of the season," the network said in a statement February 24.
Sheen continued his media tour, which started on ABC and NBC, on Monday evening when he appeared on CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight" in a live appearance.
"I was joking about being underpaid. But to come back for Season 10," Sheen said during his interview. "that's all negotiable. You can't talk about this stuff on television."
Sheen also addressed internet reports that CBS was considering hiring John Stamos to replace Sheen on "Two and a Half Men."
"I start hearing stories, 'They're going to hire John Stamos.' It's like, you guys do that, you deserve everything that happens later," Sheen said. "Sorry John, you're a lovely man but you got on me on Howard Stern bro and I don't forget anything."
Sheen was referring to a recent Stamos' recent appearance on the "Howard Stern Show" where he made fun of the actor.
Stamos himself jokingly denied the Rumors on his official Twitter page on Friday by writing, "Contrary to the rumors, i am not replacing Charlie Sheen on two and half men. however, martin sheen has asked me to be his son."
Check out Sheen's interview with Piers Morgan below.