Sheryl Crow granted permanent restraining order against Phillip Gordon Sparks
Sheryl Crow has been granted a permanent restraining order against a man who she says threatened to shoot her.
The suspect, Phillip Gordon Sparks, is 45 years old and also believed to be homeless. He has not been charged with a crime. Since late spring, he published a slew of expletive-filled posts and conspiracy theories involving Crow and famous Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein on his Facebook page.
On July 24, a judge granted Crow, 50, a temporary restraining order against the man and ordered him to stay at least 100 yards away from the Grammy-winning singer, her family and her employees. Crow has two sons, ages 5 and 2. On Tuesday, August 14, the order was made permanent and also includes Weinstein. Sparks must keep away from both for three years.
Crow says in court documents that she does not know Sparks personally. She says he visited the offices of the Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists in Los Angeles last month and told an employee that he was going to "just shoot" her, OnTheRedCarpet.com has learned.
"This statement was obviously extremely alarming to me as it showed that Mr. Sparks' behavior towards me had escalated dramatically and included a specific threat of physical harm directed at me," Crow wrote.
"His statement also put me in fear for my family, employees and representatives," she added. "I am greatly concerned that Mr. Sparks may physically harm me, my family members, close friends, agents and representatives who are identified in the accompanying request."
A worker at Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists had said in a letter accompanying the filing that she spoke to Sparks on July 16 and that he had made such a comment to Crow, adding that he had also threatened to shoot Weinstein because he believed they were filming him and stole millions from him, the Associated Press said.Spark had said on his Facebook page on Tuesday, before the permanent restraining order was granted, that he was "being framed" because "really it is just a cover up by the studios(harvey weinstein) and a few more people that I cannot type here because they have a hush order on me to say their names (sic)."
In her filing, Crow cited a Facebook post Sparks had made in which he had accused her of breaking into his house to search for a gun. The message does not appear in his feed.
"Fine Sheryl Crow - You told me a million times....I have to go to court & sue you and Harvey Weinstein to get my 7.5 million that you embezzled from the books at the Studio," he wrote in a message posted in July. "I get it already and that you plan to leave me broke and homeless on the beach. Fine, now that we got that settled....take me off the damn reality show, quit stlaking me, quit harrassing me...and leave me alone. (sic)"
"It was clear to me that he was deeply disturbed because his posts were delusional, rambling, filled with profanity and laced with angry rants," Crow had said in her filing.
Sparks also wrote on Tuesday: "I did three reality shows and they owe me 7.5 nillion dollars, and now they do not want to pay me. They even have the auditicity to file in court that I have never done the shows and tha...t I don't even know a certain female singer....one that I met on a beach in 2004. she committed purjury by declaring in her declaration that she doesn't even know me."
"Since being homeless in venice and santa monica....they have harassed me and followed me, and filmed me and have gone to my favorite spots and filmed me having coffee and such...then she shows up and they considered that stalking," he added. "I had a lawyer for this and to sue but i fired him because a bunch of red flags popped up. Like for instance, we always met a starbucks and not his office and he never had any bussiness cards for me (sic)."