Prince Harry: More naked photos may be leaked, scandal draws Playgirl's attention
The United Kingdom's Prince Harry may appear naked in additional, as-of-yet unreleased photos, while the initial batch, published earlier this week, has attracted the attention of Playgirl magazine.
According to the Associated Press, additional "compromising photos" of the royal are being shopped around. Publicist Max Clifford told the wire service that two American women, who claimed they were in the Las Vegas hotel room where Harry's nude photos were taken, called him claiming to have "lots of interesting things: pictures, video, that kind of thing."
Clifford said that he turned down the offer to further embarrass Prince Harry, because it would have been "an infringement of his privacy."
On Thursday, TMZ reported that Harry was hanging out with two male friends when they decided to bring a group of young women they had just met back to their hotel suit. According to the entertainment site, "several girls" had taken cell phone photos of the prince and "more photos were taken" after clothes came off.
Since the scandal, Prince Harry has received several offers to continue his nude streak. Playgirl has already expressed interest in having the royal pose for the nude magazine.
"I think what we all started to decide right away was just how much money the offers would go out for him," Playgirl publisher Vincent Stevens told E! Online. "There's no way in the world that he would ever consider this but you're talking about numbers in the six figures right off the bat."
Though Playgirl has not sent Prince Harry an offer, Stevens said that the bidding would theoretically start "in the low six figures" but a million dollars is "not out of the question."
Prince Harry also got an offer from the Las Vegas Chippendales. A rep told TMZ, "Chippendales at the Rio All-Suite Hotel and Casino are reaching out to the royalty to gauge his interest in being our next guest host... We figured that since he seems to enjoy taking his clothes off in Las Vegas, why not do it on stage at the No. 1 Male Revue in the World."
Earlier in the week, Buckingham Palace officials confirmed that the leaked photos were authentic, after TMZ posted photos of the prince playing pool in the nude inside what the gossip outlet says is a room at the Wynn's Encore Tower Suites in Las Vegas, Nevada.
One photo shows him standing and covering his private parts while glancing at a television, while what appears to be a topless woman is seen next to him. A second photo shows him standing naked behind another nude person.
It is indeed the 27-year-old prince in the pictures, palace officials told CNN and a royal source told Reuters. A spokesperson for the prince told the news wire: "We are not commenting specifically on the photos."
The prince, who is known for his love of partying and has often been dubbed the "party prince," recently began a private vacation in Las Vegas and is preparing for a military deployment. He serves in the British army as an Apache helicopter pilot.
Harry is the younger brother of Prince William, son of the late Princess Diana and the grandson of Queen Elizabeth II and is no stranger to scandal.
The most controversial incident occurred in 2005, when photos of the prince wearing a Nazi solder's uniform at a party were leaked to the press and were splashed across the front page of tabloids. He later admitted he had done a "very stupid thing" and that he had learned his lesson.
In 2009, he came under fire after an online video, filmed three years prior, showed him using a racial slur for people of Pakistani origin against a fellow soldier. He said he made the comment without malice. In 2002, when he was 16, he admitted to underage drinking and using marijuana. Two years later, he became involved in a confrontation with a photographer after leaving a nightclub.
Palace officials confirmed to ABC News that they had "written to the PCC, reinforcing the position we have held all day, which as you know that we believe the pictures are in breach of Prince Harry's privacy and shouldn't be used."
More than a dozen complaints regarding media coverage of princes Harry and William, who are tabloid favorites, have been filed with the UK Press Complaints Commission over the past 12 years.
Meanwhile, in more positive news regarding the Royal Family, Harry's 91-year-old grandfather and the queen's husband, Prince Philip, has been released from a hospital in Scotland after spending five nights being treated for a recurrence of a bladder infection, the British Monarchy confirmed on Monday via its Twitter page.