MTV VMAs 2013 performers list - includes Lady Gaga, Katy Perry
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake, Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke are among the growing roster of performers set to take the stage at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards.
The award ceremony, which marks its 30th anniversary, takes place for the first time at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York on Sunday, Aug. 25 at 9 p.m. ET and will air on MTV (check local listings). OTRC.com is covering the VMAs and will bring you details and photos on the night's most talked-about moments, daring red carpet fashions, electrifying performances and of course, a full list of the evening's winners.
Check out a list of VMA performers announced so far:
1. Drake - MTV confirmed on Wednesday that the rapper and singer would perform at the VMAs. Drake has this year released the singles "Started from the Bottom" and "Hold On, We're Going Home," which are featured on his upcoming third studio album, "Nothing Was the Same." The record is due to hit stores in September.
2. Lady Gaga - the singer and previous VMA award winner is set to open the show with her new single "Applause" off of her upcoming album "ARTPOP." Gaga premiered the music video for the song earlier this week on Good Morning America.
3. Katy Perry - the "Teenage Dream" songstress will perform her brand new single "Roar" off of her upcoming album "Prism," due out Oct. 22. Perry released a lyric video for the single using "emoticons" to accompany the song's premiere.
4. Justin Timberlake - the former 'N Sync frontman will perform during the ceremony in addition to receiving the coveted Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award, which was previously awarded to Britney Spears in 2011 for innovation in music videos. Timberlake has released four singles from his double album "The 20/20 Experience" in 2013, including "Suit & Tie," "Mirrors," "Tunnel Vision," and "Take Back The Night."
UPDATE: There is a rumor that Timberlake will reunite with his old boy band 'N Sync at the show. This has not been confirmed by MTV or the singers.
5. Miley Cyrus - the former Disney Channel star will hit the VMA stage this Sunday in anticipation of her new album "BANGERZ." The singer's single, "We Can't Stop," has thus far peaked at number 2 on the Billboard Hot 100.
6. Robin Thicke - the R&B crooner will take to the iconic MTV stage on the heels of his smash single, "Blurred Lines" featuring Pharell Williams and rapper T.I., surpassing 10 consecutive weeks at number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. Thicke released the album, also titled "Blurred Lines," on July 12, which debuted at number 1.
7. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - the rapper and producing partner will perform their marriage equality single "Same Love" at the awards ceremony. The duo received six VMA nominations this year, including Video of the Year for their smash hit "Thrift Shop."
8. Bruno Mars - the singer-songwriter will exclusively premiere his to-be-announced new single during the ceremony. Mars is nominated for four VMAs this year, including Video of the Year, Best Pop Video and Best Male Video for the Billboard Hot 100 number 1 single "Locked Out of Heaven."
9. Kanye West - the new dad makes a return to the VMA stage this year with a performance of the song "BLKKK S---N HEAD" off of his 2013 album "Yeezus." The performance will mark West's seventh so far at the VMAs, tying with Madonna for the most performances by an artist ever at the awards show.
10. Ariana Grande - the Nickelodeon star will make her VMA debut during the program's preshow. The newcomer has released two hit singles in 2013, including "The Way" featuring rapper Mac Miller and "Baby I," in anticipation of her debut album, titled "Yours Truly."
11. Austin Mahone - the Youtube sensation will partake in the VMA preshow performance along with Ariana Grande. Mahone, who has served as Taylor Swift's opening act on her sold-out Red Tour, is expected to perform his hit single, "What About Love," off of his debut studio album, "Junior Year."
MTV VMAs 2013 - presentersSo far, the list of confirmed presenters is as follows: Taylor Swift
MTV VMAs 2013 - nominees
See the full list of 2013 VMA nominations. You can vote for your favorite artists, groups and music videos by visiting MTV.com.