otrc logo
Lindsay Lohan at a hearing at the Beverly Hills Courthouse in Beverly Hills, Calif., Friday, Sept. 24, 2010. - Provided courtesy of KABC

Lindsay Lohan attacked rehab staffer? Actress investigated for battery

Get more: Lindsay Lohan
11/21/2010 by Corinne Heller

Lindsay Lohan has been accused of attacking a female staffer at the Betty Ford Center, where she is undergoing court-mandated rehab that stems from 2007 drunken driving and cocaine possession charges.

No arrests have been made but Lohan, who has completed several stints in jail for her previous conviction, has been named as a suspect in a criminal battery investigation launched after the incident, which occurred on December 12 around 1 a.m., a police spokesperson told OnTheRedCarpet.com.

Representatives for the 24-year-old actress and the California treatment facility have not commented.

"The incident involved Lindsay Lohan and another female adult who was a staff member at the location," the police spokesperson said. "Lohan was reported as the suspect in the investigation and the victim desired prosecution. The incident is being investigation as a misdemeanor, not committed in the presence of a peace officer, therefore no one was arrested at the scene.

The confrontation is said to have occurred after the female staffer asked Lohan to undergo a drug and alcohol test, as required by the terms of her probation.

"The investigation is currently ongoing," the spokesperson added. "Upon completion of the investigation reports will be forwarded to the district attorney's office to determine if charges will be filed in the case."

A judge had sentenced Lohan to rehab earlier this year at a hearing on her probation for her 2007 arrest. The actress had pleaded guilty to being under the influence of cocaine and no contest to driving with a blood-alcohol level above 0.08 percent and reckless driving. She has undergone several stints in treatment centers before, some voluntarily.

Lindsay Lohan is due back in court on February 25 and must continue to undergo random drug tests. She has been ordered to remain at the Betty Ford center until at least Jan. 3, 2011 - past the Christmas and New Year's holidays - and her mother Dina has said she may stay there longer.

Lohan, who shot to fame with the movie "Mean Girls" in 2004, recently lost a film role following her legal turmoils. In May, it was reported that she was set to play Linda Lovelace, who shot to fame with the 1972 film "Deep Throat", in a new movie about her life, called "Inferno". However, director Matthew Wilder recently said the film is moving on without Lohan.

(Copyright ©2014 OnTheRedCarpet.com. All Rights Reserved.)
blog comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement

Follow us on Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow us on GooglePlus

Sign up Stay Informed