Lil Wayne on second seizure reports: I am good
Lil Wayne has spoken up for the first time since it was reported that he suffered from two seizures in two days.
"Thanx for all the prayers! I am good," the rapper Tweeted on October 27.
TMZ reported that the rapper had been hospitalized two times, for two seizures suffered on a private jet. Lil Wayne's rep told MTV News that his client has not suffered any seizures and reports have been "exaggerated." He also said that Lil Wayne is recovering at home in Louisiana.
TMZ has stood by their story, claiming that two sources at the hospital confirmed that the rapper was hospitalized in Louisiana. They also claim that Wayne's rep confirmed their reports and insinuated that MTV's quotes do not come from Lil Wayne's rep.
TMZ and several other outlets claimed on October 25 that the 29-year-old rapper suffered "seizure-like symptoms" while aboard a private jet and was taken to a hospital after an emergency landing in Texas.
"Lil Wayne was successfully released from the hospital after being treated for a severe migraine and dehydration," Lil Wayne's rep said in a statement to MTV News. "He is at home on doctor-mandated rest and will return to work soon. He appreciates all of his fans for their support and love."
The rapper had to cancel a scheduled promotional appearance for his TrukFit clothing line in Louisville Kentucky on October 27, in order to recover.
Lil Wayne, whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., released his latest album, "Tha Carter IV," on August 29, 2011. The album was Wayne's first since his release from prison in November 2011. The hip-hop artist spent his eight months behind bars last year for a 2007 felony gun conviction.
He is gearing up to release his next solo album, "I Am Not a Human Being II" in December 2012.