otrc logo
Kyra Sedgwick appears in a 2010 promotional photo for the TNT series The Closer. - Provided courtesy of TNT

Kyra Sedgwick decides to end 'The Closer' after 2011 season

Get more: Kyra Sedgwick
12/10/2010 by Corinne Heller

The drama series "The Closer" has been canceled, following a decision to end the show by its star Kyra Sedgwick, who won the show's only Emmy earlier this year for her role as top cop Brenda Leigh Johnson.

The show debuted in 2005 and has received six Emmy nominations in total, including five for the 45-year-old actress. The seventh and final season will air in 2011 and production on its 15 episodes will begin in the spring.

"I cannot fathom how difficult it will be to say goodbye to the incredible family we've created on 'The Closer'," Sedgwick said in a statement provided by TNT on Friday. "I want to thank TNT and Warner Bros. Television, as well as the incredible fans of 'The Closer', for all of their unwavering support over the last seven years."

TNT called the show a "resounding success" and said: "The difficult decision to conclude the series with season seven was made by Kyra Sedgwick."

The actress did not detail why she decided to end "The Closer". Before appearing on the show, she starred in the movies "Gamer" with Gerard Butler in 2009 and "Phenomenon" with John Travolta in 1996. Sedgwick recently worked on two movies - "Chlorine", a family drama starring Tom Sizemore, and "Man on a Ledge", a thriller starring Sam Worthington and Elizabeth Banks.

(Copyright ©2014 OnTheRedCarpet.com. All Rights Reserved.)
blog comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement

Follow us on Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow us on GooglePlus

Sign up Stay Informed