Kristen Stewart dropped from 'Snow White and the Huntsman' sequel plans, report says
Could the "Snow White and the Huntsman" story continue without Snow White?
Kristen Stewart, who played the fairy tale beauty in the film released earlier this year, has reportedly been dropped from plans for the sequel, which will be a new film focused on the Huntsman character played by Chris Hemsworth, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The report quotes unnamed sources who claim the sequel will be a spin-off of the first film and it is unclear if Rupert Sanders will be brought in to direct the film. Although David Koepp was signed on to write the sequel, the report says he will be settled out of his contract.
The news comes on the heels of Stewart's cheating scandal with Sanders. The two were seen kissing and embracing in photos published in Us Weekly magazine in late July. Stewart, 22, released a press statement on July 25 and described it as a "momentary indiscretion."
"I'm deeply sorry for the hurt and embarrassment I've caused to those close to me and everyone this has affected," Stewart had said at the time. "This momentary indiscretion has jeopardized the most important thing in my life, the person I love and respect the most, Rob [Pattinson]. I love him, I love him, I'm so sorry."
A spokesperson for Stewart had no immediate comment to OnTheRedCarpet.com on the "Snow White and the Huntsman" report. Universal told the industry paper, "The studio is currently exploring options to continue the franchise."
The Los Angeles Times quoted the studio as saying that Stewart's Snow White could still be a character in the new movie.
"Snow White and the Huntsman" was released on June 1 and has made more than $154.3 million in the United States and a total of more than $389 million worldwide.