John Travolta sexual assault case: 'John Doe 1' drops lawsuit
A male masseur has dropped his sexual harrassment and assault case against John Travolta, OnTheRedCarpet.com has learned.
The man and another male masseur had last week sued the 58-year-old actor for $2 million in a joint filing. The first person, who called himself "John Doe," had said Travolta had touched him inappropriately and exposed himself during a massage appointment at the Beverly Hills hotel on January 16. Travolta's attorney said the actor was on the East Coast at that time and denied the allegations.
The first masseur, who now goes by "John Doe One," filed a motion at a Los Angeles court on Tuesday, May 15, to dismiss his personal claims against the actor. He did not specify a reason. His and the second masseur's lawyer, Okoria Okorocha, and Travolta's spokespeople had no immediate comment.
The second person claimed that on January 28, the actor carried out similar acts during a massage session in an Atlanta hotel. Travolta's attorney said allegations by both men were false and "absurd."
Travolta's attorney had said the Okorocha "filed this suit to try and get his 15 minutes of fame," adding that the actor planned to countersue for "malicious prosecution."
"My client is completely vindicated by Doe #1 dropping his claims and dismissing his lawsuit," Travolta's lawyer said in a statement obtained by OnTheRedCarpet.com. "We fully expect that my client will similarly be vindicated with respect to Doe #2, as well as with respect to any other person who makes meritless claims against John Travolta."