Jennifer Lawrence is AP entertainer of the year for 2013
Jennifer Lawrence was named the AP entertainer of the year for 2013, beating pop star Miley Cyrus by one vote, the news wire reported on Monday, Dec. 23.
The survey polled AP's newspaper and broadcast members and subscribers. The group was asked who had the most influence on entertainment and culture in 2013. Here are the top 5.
1. Jennifer Lawrence the Oscar winner, who stars in the "Hunger Games" movies and in the new film "American Hustle," received 15 vote.
2. Miley Cyrus - the former "Hannah Montana" actress made headlines this year with a slew of raunchy performances and videos and helped make "twerking" a mainstream pop culture term. She received 14 votes in AP's survey. Earlier this month, MTV named Cyrus the artist of the year.
3. Netflix - The AP said the video subscription service Netflix altered "the TV landscape with its on-demand format and hit original series," which include "Orange Is The New Black" (which is featured on OTRC.com's 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 list) and "House of Cards."
4. "Breaking Bad" - the hit AMC series, starring Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul, came to an end this year after five seasons. The show received 10 votes (and is included as a bonus entry on OTRC.com's 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 list).
5. Justin Timberlake - the Grammy winner made a music comeback this year with a best-selling double album, The "20/20 Experience."
Who do YOU think deserved the title of entertainer of the year more, from the top 2 picks?