George Clooney and Stacy Keibler get food poisoning in Italy
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler's Italian vacation took a turn for the worse when they were struck with food poisoning this week.
"Finally had a bad meal in Italy," Keibler, 32, Tweeted on July 5. "Our whole dinner party got food poisoning #ohwell at least I'm still in Italy.
According to TMZ, the couple dined with friends at a restaurant in Cernobbio, Italy on July 4. The manager of the restaurant denied that the party got food poisoning from his restaurant.
Apparently, everyone survived the unpleasant experience relatively unscathed and Clooney and Keibler are feeling better.
The couple have been at the Oscar winner's villa in Lake Como, Italy since last month. The couple spent a few days in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico before flying to the lakeside home in Northern Italy.
Clooney bought the 30-bedroom villa in 2002 and has hosted many of his Hollywood friends at the estate over the years. Clooney and Keibler reportedly spent time together at the Lake Como villa last August.
The 51-year-old actor and Keibler, a former WWE wrestler, have been dating since last summer and went public with their relationship in September 2011, stepping out together at the Toronto Film Festival for the premiere Clooney's film "The Ides of March," which sees Clooney playing a U.S. presidential candidate.
Meanwhile, Clooney has been fundraising for President Barack Obama's re-election campaign, recently raising $15 million at an event held at the actor's Hollywood home.