otrc logo
Charlie Sheen during Sheens Corner Episode 4, Building the Perfect Torpedo, the actors fourth uStream webcast posted on Monday, March 8, 2011. - Provided courtesy of youtube.com/user/TheWYTV

Chuck Lorre's lawyer responds to Charlie Sheen's $100 million lawsuit

03/10/2011 by Corinne Heller

Chuck Lorre, co-creator of "Two and a Half Men," says Charlie Sheen's allegations detailed in his recent $100 million lawsuit against him and Warner Bros. are "recklessly false."

Sheen, 45, filed the papers on Thursday, March 10, days after he was fired from the CBS comedy series. The actor underwent treatment for drug and alcohol addiction earlier this year and was axed following insulting remarks he made against Lorre and others involved with the show.

"The allegations in the complaint against Mr. Lorre are as recklessly false and unwarranted as Mr. Sheen's rantings in the media," Lorre's attorney Howard Weitzman told the Hollywood Reporter.

"The accusations are simply imaginary," he said. "This lawsuit is about a fantasy 'lottery' pay-day for Charlie Sheen. Chuck Lorre's concern has been and continues to be about Mr. Sheen's health."

In his lawsuit, Sheen accuses Lorre of humiliating, harassing and disparaging the actor publicly and says "Warner Bros. capitulated to Lorre's egotistical desire to punish Mr. Sheen and to stop work on the series for the rest of the season." Warner Bros. Television, the show's production company, has not commented.

Production on the eighth season of "Two and a Half Men" was suspended in January after Sheen underwent rehab and halted in February after he insulted Lorre during a radio interview.

Sheen had said in interviews last week that he is currently sober. He is seeking compensation for himself and those who worked on the remaining eight episodes of "Two and a Half Men.'

He says Lorre "unilaterally" decided to stop writing scripts for the show in mid-February, weeks after production was suspended following Sheen's rehab stint. Warner Bros. Television said in its firing letter on March 7 that the actor had "been engaged in dangerously self-destructive conduct and appears to be very ill." Sheen called his firing "illegal."

Sheen also says in his lawsuit that Warner Bros. and Lorre made more than $1 billion off of him, the cast and crew rendering services on the show. Sheen, formerly the highest-paid actor on television, reportedly earned $1.25 million for each episode.

"Can you smell the carnage you created?" Sheen said to Lorre during his latest online video rant, seen in a webcast posted on Tuesday, the day after his firing. "Can you smell it, Chuck? It smells like malaria. If 'Sad' and 'Stupid' had a foul odor attached, it would be you, (Expletive) Borre. You gotta hate that your stage name rhymes with 'Suck.' Tou picked a fight with a warlock, you little worm."

Lorre has not commented specifically on Sheen's comments against him. He has referenced the actor on his "Vanity Cards," seen after "Two and a Half Men" episodes and on his blog before the actor's firing and before filming stopped.

One of Lorre's entries, posted on February 14, said: "I exercise regularly. I eat moderate amounts of healthy food ... I see a psychologist and have a variety of hobbies to reduce stress. I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I don't have crazy, reckless sex with strangers. If Charlie Sheen outlives me, I'm gonna be really pissed."

(Copyright ©2014 OnTheRedCarpet.com. All Rights Reserved.)
blog comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement

Follow us on Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow us on GooglePlus

Sign up Stay Informed