otrc logo
Charlie Sheen during Sheens Corner Episode 4, Building the Perfect Torpedo on March 8, 2011. / Ashton Kutcher appears in a photo posted on his Facebook page on Feb. 27, 2009. - Provided courtesy of youtube.com/user/TheWYTV / facebook.com/Ashton

Charlie Sheen: I'm tired of pretending Ashton Kutcher doesn't suck

02/16/2012 by Olivia Allin

Charlie Sheen played nice when his "Two and a Half Men" character was killed off and replaced by Ashton Kutcher, but the actor has finally released a few "torpedoes of truth" on the matter.

"I'm trying to lie and I'm trying to pretend the show doesn't suck," Sheen told TMZ on Thursday (see video below). "I'm trying to pretend that Ashton doesn't suck. I'm tired of pretending they're not completely adrift, because when you take away the anchor from your show, which they stupidly did, you go adrift. These guys are approaching salvage vessel."

Sheen had previously been polite about the show moving on without him, saying that he approved of Ashton Kutcher and though it was "a little bizarre" and "mean-spirited" to have to watch his own funeral, he seemed to have moved on.

"It's nothing personal," Sheen said of his comments about Kutcher. "I just feel bad for him, he's saddled with such bad writing. There's been some pretty bad writing over the years, but when the show was good, it was great. When it was bad, it was still okay... it was in time. But now, there's nothing about it that's fresh or interesting... I forget that it's on the air. It's kind of like leaving a child behind with somebody and they're not taking very good care of it."

In September, Sheen reached a settlement with Warner Bros. and Chuck Lorre over his $100 million lawsuit for his firing from "Two and a Half Men."

Though the settlement amount was not revealed, the Los Angeles Times reported the amount to be $25 million, while the Hollywood Reporter wrote that Sheen's settlement amount will likely be less but will include the reinstatement of the actor's substantial profit participation on all seasons of "Two and a Half Men," which had been withheld since he was fired.

The 46-year-old actor filed his lawsuit in March, days after he was axed from the hit CBS comedy series following a slew of erratic on-air ramblings against the show's producers and co-creator Chuck Lorre. During his rants, Sheen coined what would become catchphrases among his fans, namely "Duh, winning!" and "Tiger Blood."

Sheen has been promoting his new FX sitcom "Anger Management," which recently cast Selma Blair and "Saw" actress Shawnee Smith as Sheen's therapist and ex-wife, respectively

"Anger Management" was acquired by FX in November. At the Fox Network Television Critics Association party in January, Sheen claimed that he is "not crazy anymore."

Anger Management" will be produced by Joe Roth. Roth has produced films like "Mona Lisa Smile" and "Alice in Wonderland." He has been working on a television adaptation of the Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson film "Anger Management" and wanted to cast Sheen in the lead. Sheen and Roth have previously worked together in the films "Major League," "Young Guns" and "Three Musketeers."

In the series, Sheen will be playing a revamped version of Jack Nicholson's character, an ex-athlete who advises people on how to deal with anger issues. The show will be written and executive produced by Bruce Helford, who has written on shows like "Roseanne" and "The Drew Carey Show."

(Copyright ©2014 OnTheRedCarpet.com. All Rights Reserved.)
blog comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement

Follow us on Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow us on GooglePlus

Sign up Stay Informed