Charlie Sheen withdraws lawsuit against Capri Anderson over NY hotel incident
Charlie Sheen has withdrawn a lawsuit against Capri Anderson, an adult film actress who told the press he acted violent with her in a room at New York's Plaza Hotel last year.
The 45-year-old actor, whose partying lifestyle, rehab stints, firing from the CBS sitcom "Two and a Half Man" and other personal troubles have made headlines over the past year, was never charged over the alleged October 2010 incident.
He sued Anderson, who is 23 and also goes by the name of Christina Walsh, for alleged extortion in November of that year. In his filing, he called her an "opportunistic pornographic film star" and a "publicity-hungry scam artist." On July 29, Sheen's case was dismissed, according to court records obtained by OnTheRedCarpet.com
Anderson spoke about the alleged incident to the press, saying she was hired for $3,500 to escort Sheen to dinner. She said in an interview on Howard Stern's Sirius XM radio show in March that after she and the actor made it to the hotel room, he started throwing things around, forcing her to take refuge in the bathroom. Sheen said in his filing that Anderson locked herself there after he accused her of stealing his $165,000 watch, which she denied.
The porn actress said Sheen threatened to kill her and called her a "whore". She told police he put his hands around her throat but that she managed to escape.
Sheen has denied her allegations and also said in his filing that the encounter between the two at the hotel was consensual. He said Anderson had "fabricated" a "sensational tale" about being "assaulted, battered and held against her will" by the actor and that she threatened that she would file a criminal complaint against the actor if he did not pay her $1 million.
The morning after the alleged incident, police stormed Sheen's hotel room and the actor was taken to the hospital for a psychiatric evaluation. He was released hours later. His spokesperson had said at the time that the actor had reacted badly to medication.
Several current and former porn actresses, including two who have lived with him in his Hollywood Hills home, have talked about their encounters with Sheen. Lindsay Wager, a former adult film star, told WABC Television, sister station of OnTheRedCarpet.com parent company KABC Television, that she and the actor "partied" together and that his behavior at one time frightened her.
Another porn actress, Melanie Rios, talked about Sheen's alleged temper on Stern's radio show, at the time Anderson was on it, saying: "He just yells and, uh ... after a while, he's right back to the party mode."
Sheen has not commented on the women's remarks.
In August 2010, Sheen pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor assault charge regarding a December 2009 confrontation with then-wife Brooke Mueller, mother of his twin sons. He was sentenced to 30 days in a rehabilitation center, 30 days of probation and 36 hours of anger management.
During the following months, aside from his encounter with Anderson, Sheen underwent a stint in rehab to treat alcohol and drug abuse and was in March axed from "Two and a Half Man," one of CBS' most successful shows. The firing occurred just after he insulted show co-creator Chuck Lorre in on-air and online rants.
Ashton Kutcher was cast in his place and promotional material featuring him was released last month. According to several reports, Sheen's party-loving bachelor character, Charlie Harper, will be killed off and honored with a funeral on the ninth season premiere on September 19. Spokespeople for CBS declined to comment.
Also on September 19, Comedy Central plans to air a "Roast of Charlie Sheen."
Sheen is also set to film a new comedy series that is based on the 2003 film "Anger Management." He has joked that playing a character with anger issues will be "a stretch."