Charlie Sheen supports decision to remove twins from ex-wife's home
Charlie Sheen is reportedly standing by the decision made by the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services earlier this week when they removed his twin sons from the home of his ex-wife Brooke Mueller and placed them in the care of his ex-wife Denise Richards.
The 47-year-old actor's spokesperson said in a statement to The Associated Press on Friday, May 3, that Sheen will participate in court proceedings related to Mueller's custody of their 4-year-old sons Bob and Max.
Denise Richards, Sheen's ex-wife and mother of two of his daughters, currently has temporary custody of the boys, OTRC.com learned on Friday.
"He knows Max and Bob are safe and in a stable, loving environment with Denise and the boys' sisters," the actor's spokesperson wrote, according to the wire service. "Charlie will fully cooperate and fully participate in all proceedings."
Sheen and Mueller divorced in 2011. It is unclear why officials decided to remove her children from her care. According to E! News, social workers have been investigating Mueller's case for over a year.
Mueller has struggled with substance abuse in the past and Richards previously stepped in to temporarily care for the boys when Mueller was in rehab to treat her addiction to Adderall in December, E! News previously reported.
Richards, who was married to Sheen from 2002 to 2006, said in an April 2011 interview that she has offered to care for the boys in order to help out both Mueller and Sheen.
"I've put it out there several times over the past couple of years that if they need help, I'm here," Richards said on an episode of "Watch What Happens Live." "I would love the boys to stay and be with the girls. Whatever help they needed, I was definitely offering."
Sheen and Richards are parents to daughters Sam, 9, and Lola, 7. Lola accompanied Richards to the Radio Disney Music Awards late last month.