Charlie Sheen loses custody battle over twins, report says
Charlie Sheen's bid for sole custody over his and his estranged wife Brooke Mueller's twin sons, Bob and Max, has been rejected, it was reported on Tuesday, April 19.
The judge ruled instead that a previous deal the two had worked out regarding their children will remain in effect, ABC News reported.
Sheen, 45, had appeared at a Los Angeles court earlier in the day to petition for full custody. Under his deal with Mueller, she maintains primary custody of the boys and the two parties must remain sober for the terms of the agreement to remain valid.
Both had no comment on Tuesday. In March, Mueller had their boys removed from the 45-year-old actor's home, where he lives with two younger girlfriends, or "goddesses," and filed a temporary restraining order against the actor, citing domestic violence and calling him "insane."
Both have battled substance abuse in recent months and Sheen was recently fired from his CBS comedy series "Two and a Half Men" following public insulting statements made against its co-creater.
He has been keeping busy with a live tour and told a crowd in Connecticut on Sunday, April 17 that he was returning to Los Angeles to get his kids back after Mueller, 33, reportedly missed a mandatory drug test, People magazine reported.
It was reported in March that Sheen and Mueller reached a custody agreement over their sons on the morning of their 2nd birthday, which would end her pursuit of a long-term restraining order.
Sheen and Mueller married in 2008. The actor filed for divorce from Mueller in November and agreed to pay $55,000 a month in child support. Their divorce is set to be finalized on May 2.
In August 2010, Sheen pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor assault charge regarding a confrontation with Mueller that had occurred in December 2009. He was sentenced to 30 days in a rehabilitation center, 30 days of probation and 36 hours of anger management.