Charlie Sheen fired from 'Two and a Half Men'
Charlie Sheen has been fired from "Two and a Half Men" more than a week after production on its eighth season was halted amid his rants against the CBS comedy show's co-creator Chuck Lorre and his recent on-air ramblings.
"Trolls," Sheen, 45, said in a text message to OnTheRedCarpet.com parent company, KABC Television, in response to the news.
Production on "Two and a Half Men," which tells of the life of a party-loving bachelor who lives with his brother and nephew, was suspended in January after Sheen, the highest-paid star on television, began treatment for drug and alcohol addiction. Filming on the show was halted in late February after he ranted against Lorre in a radio interview.
"After careful consideration, Warner Bros. Television has terminated Charlie Sheen's services on "Two and a Half Men" effective immediately," the production company said in a statement on Monday, March 7, saying in a legal letter that the actor "appears to be very ill."
Sheen, known for his party-loving lifestyle, said in an ABC News interview last week that he has been sober for a while. His rants have spurred a number of catchphrases, such as "Duh, winning!" and "Tiger blood" and broke a Guinness World Record for reaching 1 million Twitter followers the fastest. The actor, who opened a social networking account after the scandal began, has since acquired more than 2 million.
Sheen's ramblings have in recent days become more incoherent and profanity-laced. A recent webcast featured the actor holding a lit lighter in front of the camera, comparing scripted television to cat droppings and acting ambivalent about his recently-deceased pet dog.
Warner Bros. Television's attorneys state in the legal letter about Sheen's firing that the actor committed "felony offenses involving moral turpitude" that it says "interfered with his ability to fully and completely render all material services required."
Sheen told the "Access Hollywood" television show that he was fired via text message and said: "These guys are such yellow cockroaches that they didn't even have the decency to call me. I put 5 bil in their cheap suit pockets and another half a bil in what's-his-cheese's pockets and this is the ... respect I get?"
"Whatever," the actor added. "I guess if you can't process a guy, or realize his value, you must terminate him. That's real high-brow thinking, really evolved thinking. I don't know. It is what it is. I'm more worried about my children right now than any of this nonsense."
Sheen is dealing with a custody battle over his twin sons Bob and Max, who turn 2 next week. Last week, Sheen said he and their mother, estranged wife Brooke Mueller, had come to a verbal agreement. She had filed a temporary restraining order against him earlier this month and removed their sons from his care, citing domestic violence and calling him "insane."
Sheen has denied her claims. The two married in 2008. The actor filed for divorce from Mueller in November.
In August 2010, Sheen pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor assault charge regarding a confrontation with Mueller that had occurred in December 2009. He was sentenced to 30 days in a rehabilitation center, 30 days of probation and 36 hours of anger management.
It was reported recently that Sheen is in talks with billionaire Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks basketball team, to possibly develop a reality series or talk show for the cable network HDNet.
Sheen has not spoken about a deal but the actor did name Cuban as one of three "Gnarls Gnarlingtons," aka winners, on his first uStream webcast show, "Sheen's Korner," which took place on Saturday.
An hour before Warner Bros. released its press statement about Sheen's firing, the actor's Twitter page featured a message, saying Sheen is seeking an intern.