Charlie Sheen files $100M suit after 'Two and a Half Men' firing
03/10/2011 by Corinne Heller
Charlie Sheen has filed a $100 million lawsuit against "Two and a Half Men" co-creator Chuck Lorre and Warner Bros., days after he was fired from the CBS show. The 45-year-old actor was axed from the series on Monday, March 7, after he unleashed a slew of erratic on-air ramblings, bashing executives and coining phrases such as "Duh, winning!" and "tiger blood." He had threatened to take legal action. "#Fastball; Torpedo away..." a message on Sheen's Twitter page read on Thursday, March 10, shortly after the lawsuit was filed. "You corporate Trolls were warned. And now you've been served!" Sheen is seeking compensation for himself and the crew for the remaining eight episodes of the current eighth season. Production on "Two and a Half Men" was suspended in January after Sheen underwent rehab for drug and alcohol addiction and halted in February after he insulted Lorre during a radio interview. Sheen had said in interviews last week that he is currently sober. Warner Bros. Television said in its firing letter that the actor had "been engaged in dangerously self-destructive conduct and appears to be very ill." Sheen called his firing "illegal." Sheen says in his lawsuit that Lorre humiliated, harassed and disparaged him publicly and that "Warner Bros. capitulated to Lorre's egotistical desire to punish Mr. Sheen and to stop work on the series for the rest of the season." He also says Lorre "unilaterally" decided to stop writing scripts for the show in mid-February, weeks after production was suspended following Sheen's rehab stint. Lorre's lawyer said Sheen's allegations against his client were "recklessly false." Spokespeople for Warner Bros., the show's production company, declined comment. Sheen also says that Warner Bros. and Lorre made more than $1 billion off of him, the cast and crew rendering services on the show. Sheen, formerly the highest-paid actor on television, reportedly earned $1.25 million for each episode. "Can you smell the carnage you created?" Sheen said to Lorre during his latest online video rant, seen in a webcast posted on Tuesday, the day after his firing. "Can you smell it, Chuck? It smells like malaria. If 'Sad' and 'Stupid' had a foul odor attached, it would be you, (expletive) Borre. You gotta hate that your stage name rhymes with 'Suck.' You picked a fight with a warlock, you little worm." Lorre has not commented specifically on Sheen's comments against him. He has referenced the actor on his "Vanity Cards," seen after "Two and a Half Men" episodes and on his blog before the actor's firing and before filming stopped. One of Lorre's entries, posted on February 14, said: "I exercise regularly. I eat moderate amounts of healthy food ... I see a psychologist and have a variety of hobbies to reduce stress. I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I don't have crazy, reckless sex with strangers. If Charlie Sheen outlives me, I'm gonna be really pissed." Sheen began playing party-loving Charlie Harper on "Two and a Half Men" when the series premiered in 2003. Jon Cryer was cast as his character's straight-edge brother. Rob Lowe and John Stamos have been speculated by many as possible replacements for Sheen on "Two and a Half Men." Lowe's spokesperson refused comment, when reached by OnTheRedCarpet.com, and a producer on his current television series "Parks and Recreation," said he could not star on "Two and a Half Men" because he was bound by contract to the NBC series. Stamos said weeks ago, after the show halted production, that he was not replacing the actor. CBS and Warner Bros. have not announced what will happen with the show. Sheen is meanwhile dealing with a custody battle over his twin sons Bob and Max, who turn 2 next week. Last week, Sheen said he and their mother, estranged wife Brooke Mueller, had come to a verbal agreement. She had filed a temporary restraining order against him earlier this month and removed their sons from his care, citing domestic violence and calling him "insane." Sheen has denied her claims. The two married in 2008. The actor filed for divorce from Mueller in November. In August 2010, Sheen pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor assault charge regarding a confrontation with Mueller that had occurred in December 2009. He was sentenced to 30 days in a rehabilitation center, 30 days of probation and 36 hours of anger management.
(Copyright ©2014 OnTheRedCarpet.com. All Rights Reserved.)
Photos: Child stars: Where are they now?
Photos: Celebrity deaths in 2014