otrc logo

Arnold Schwarzenegger files new divorce papers, may be open to paying Maria Shriver support

07/26/2011 by OnTheRedCarpet.com Staff

Arnold Schwarzenegger has amended a divorce filing submitted last week and withdrawn a request that a judge terminate Maria Shriver's rights to spousal support.

The actor and former California governor's filing replaces the previous document that also indicated he wanted Shriver to pay her own attorney's fees. The amended response was filed Monday in Los Angeles.

Schwarzenegger and wife Maria Shriver announced their separation after 25 years of marriage on May 9. On May 17, it was revealed that he had fathered a secret child more than 10 years ago. On Wednesday, Mildred Patricia Baena, the family's former housekeeper, was identified by news outlets as the woman with whom Arnold Schwarzenegger fathered a son out of wedlock some 14 years ago.

Schwarzenegger has confirmed his infidelity and said in a statement he had apologized to his family. The woman with whom he fathered a son has not commented on the matter.

Shriver, 55, moved out of the couple's mansion near Los Angeles earlier this year, after Schwarzenegger told her he had had an affair with a household staff member who had worked for their family for some 20 years. He did not identify Baena by name. She retired in January.

On July 1, it was reported that Shriver had filed for divorce from Arnold Schwarzenegger. She reportedly signed the divorce papers on June 18 and filed them at a Los Angeles court on Friday, July 1, according to court documents obtained by OnTheRedCarpet.com.

Shriver cited irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split and is seeking joint legal and physical custody of her and the 63-year-old actor's sons Patrick, 17, and Christopher, 13. The two also have two adult daughters, Katherine, 21 and Christina, 19.

The estranged couple's son Christopher, remains hospitalized after a recent body-boarding accident left him with a collapsed lung.Update: Christopher Schwarzenegger has been released from the hospital.

Schwarzenegger recently Tweeted that his son was "doing much better."

"Thanks for all your support for Christopher," Schwarzenegger added. "It means a lot to me & to him. He's doing much better & we'll have him back at full speed soon."

(Copyright ©2014 OnTheRedCarpet.com. All Rights Reserved.)
blog comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement

Follow us on Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow us on GooglePlus

Sign up Stay Informed