Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver's son checks out of hospital after accident
Maria Shriver and Arnold Schwarzenegger Tweeted good news to their followers on Tuesday: Their son Christopher left the hospital on Monday night after a boogie boarding accident last week left him in serious condition.
"Blessed to be able to take Christopher out of the hospital last night. What a feeling of relief to know that he's going to be fine," Shriver Tweeted on Tuesday. "We were very lucky. Many patients and families we met have been there so long and have no end in sight. I pray for their recovery."
She added in another Tweet, "I will forever be grateful to the amazing doctors, nurses and hospital staff in the ICU who helped my son."
Schwarzenegger also Tweeted the good news, saying, "I knew Christopher couldn't be stopped! Big thanks to all the doctors, nurses & staff at UCLA that helped him recover."
On Monday, Schwarzenegger wrote on the social networking site that his son was "doing much better." It was reported on July 22 that Christopher was involved in the accident in Malibu.
"A few days ago our son Christopher suffered an accident at the beach," Shriver and Schwarzenegger said in a joint statement obtained by OnTheRedCarpet.com at the time. "While it has been a very scary week, Christopher is surrounded by his family and friends. He is a brave boy and is expected to make a full recovery."
"On behalf of our entire family, we want to sincerely thank the paramedics and lifeguards who responded so swiftly as well as the doctors, nurses, emergency room and hospital staff who have cared for our son," the statement continued. "They have been extraordinary to him and to us. We thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers and ask for respect and privacy for Christopher and our family."
A source told People magazine that Christopher entered the hospital on Sunday, suffering from a collapsed lung, broken bones and broken ribs. His mother was reportedly with him at the time of the accident and has not left his side since, sleeping at the hospital with her son.The news follows an earlier update that Schwarzenegger amended his previous divorce filings and may be open to offering spousal support to Shriver. Schwarzenegger and wife Maria Shriver announced their separation after 25 years of marriage on May 9. On May 17, it was revealed that he had fathered a secret child more than 10 years ago. On Wednesday, Mildred Patricia Baena, the family's former housekeeper, was identified by news outlets as the woman with whom Arnold Schwarzenegger fathered a son out of wedlock some 14 years ago.
Schwarzenegger has confirmed his infidelity and said in a statement he had apologized to his family. The woman with whom he fathered a son has not commented on the matter.
Shriver, 55, moved out of the couple's mansion near Los Angeles earlier this year, after Schwarzenegger told her he had had an affair with a household staff member who had worked for their family for some 20 years. He did not identify Baena by name. She retired in January.
On July 1, it was reported that Shriver had filed for divorce from Arnold Schwarzenegger. She reportedly signed the divorce papers on June 18 and filed them at a Los Angeles court on Friday, July 1, according to court documents obtained by OnTheRedCarpet.com.
Shriver cited irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split and is seeking joint legal and physical custody of her and the 63-year-old actor's sons Patrick, 17, and Christopher. The two also have two adult daughters, Katherine, 21 and Christina, 19.