Adele's '21' is No. 1 best-selling album of 2012 - see list
Adele's record "21" has been ranked the No. 1 best-selling album of 2012 in the United States, marking its second year in a row at the top of the list.
The rankings were revealed by Nielsen SoundScan on January 3. The album "21" has a breakup theme inspired by the 24-year-old Grammy-winning British singer's own love life and contains the hit singles "Rolling In The Deep," "Set Fire To The Rain" and "Someone Like You."
Adele later moved on to start a relationship with a new man, Simon Konecki, and the two welcomed their first child, a boy, in October.
In 2012, more than 4.41 million copies of the record were sold in the United States, down from 5.82 million in 2011, according to Billboard.
"21" was certified 10 times platinum in the Unites States, which means it has sold more than 10 million copies, as of the end of November 2012. The record won a Grammy for album of the year in 2011. Adele has won nine Grammys since 2008, when she was named Best New Artist.
Check out who else made the list of top 10 albums of 2012:
2. Taylor Swift's "Red" sold 3.11 million units.
3. One Direction's debut album "Up All Night" sold 1.62 million units.
4. Mumford & Sons' "Babel" album sold 1.46 million units -- the largest number for a rock group in 2012, according to Billboard.
5. One Direction also ranks fifth with the boy band's second album, "Take Me Home," which sold 1.34 million units.
6. Justin Bieber's album "Believe" sold 1.34 million units.
7. Carrie Underwood's "Blown Away" album sold 1.20 million units.
8. Luke Bryan's "Tailgates & Tanlines" sold 1.10 million units.
9. Lionel Richie's country record "Tuskegee" sold 1.07 million units.
10. Jason Aldean's "Night Train" sold 1.02 million units.
Check out the official music video for Adele's hit single "Rolling In The Deep" below.